The ever-popular Hunter Business Awards will return to its full strength in 2022 with 17 categories to be contested and winners to be announced at a gala ceremony for more than 500 people.
Entries open today for the coveted Awards, the most prestigious business recognition and celebration program in the region. Following the past two years of COVID-modified programs and events, the Awards will return to their gala dinner format this year, with winners in 14 of the 17 categories having the opportunity to progress to the Business NSW State Awards.
“It is great to be returning to a full-format Awards program where we can once again celebrate achievement and excellence in business in the Hunter region on a broad scale,” Business Hunter CEO Bob Hawes said.
“So many businesses in the Hunter have shown remarkable resilience and flexibility to continue thriving through the pandemic period and we look forward to highlighting their stories and rewarding their hard work and commitment.”
Entries open today for the 2022 Hunter Business Awards on the Business Hunter website – www.businesshunter.com.
Among the categories is a new Award for Business of the Year which will be selected from the esteemed winners across the all the business award categories.
“We expect the new Business of the Year category to attract a lot of attention as it will be identifying the best of the best of business in the Hunter,” Mr Hawes said.
“Alongside this, we anticipate the individual awards will also remain popular and as in other years, some stirring stories of achievement are bound to be unearthed.
Business Hunter is proud to be once again partnering with the University of Newcastle to present the Hunter Business Awards. The program and event will also be supported by more than 10 category sponsors from the regional business community.
“It is wonderful to have this level of support from the business community and we are delighted to again have the University on board as our major partner, Mr Hawes said.
“This partnership continues the good work being done to strengthen ties between business and the region’s major provider of tertiary education and research capability.”
University of Newcastle Vice-Chancellor Professor Alex Zelinsky said the University was proud to be co-presenting the Hunter Business Awards.
“We are fortunate to have in this region a community of businesses that actively engage with the University, as employers, supporters and collaborators,” Professor Zelinsky said.
“We work with businesses to solve challenges, innovate and develop new ideas and we have an important role in training the future workforce for the Hunter.
“Being a major partner of the Awards heightens our engagement with the business community and allows the university to celebrate and connect with the best in business.”
Entries for the Hunter Business Awards will remain open until 16 July 2022, with the finalists to be announced on 9 August.
Tickets for the gala presentation ceremony at NEX on Friday 27 August will go on sale after finalists are announced.
Entries are invited from businesses and individuals in the following categories:
• Kristen Keegan Young Business Leader (<35 years) sponsored by Quarry Mining
• Outstanding Business Leader (36+ years) sponsored by CPA Australia
• Contribution to the Region sponsored by the Port Authority of NSW
• Excellence in Micro Business (<5 employees) sponsored by Glencore
• Excellence in Small Business (5-20 employees) sponsored by Newcastle Herald
• Excellence in Large Business (21+ employees) sponsored by NSW Minerals Council
• Outstanding Community Enterprise sponsored by Newcastle Permanent
• Outstanding Start-up sponsored by Hunt Hospitality
• Excellence in Innovation sponsored by Whiteley
• Excellence in Sustainability sponsored by Umwelt
• Excellence in Export sponsored by Port of Newcastle
• Employer of Choice presented by Business Hunter
• Outstanding Local Chamber sponsored by AGL
• Outstanding Employee presented by Business Hunter
Three awards will be decided through a separate selection process.
• President’s Award sponsored by Newcastle Permanent
• Love Water Love Business Award sponsored by Hunter Water
• Business of the Year Award presented by Business Hunter